- Nov 30, -1
- Submit date:
- Dec 4, 2012
- File size:
- 332 KB
Surf anonymously with Firefox
anonymoX for Firefox is an add-on that gives you fast, anonymous browsing in the click of a button.
If you're concerned about privacy online, anonymoX is a good option. When enabled, you'll be able to pick a random IP, delete cookies and view your public IP, all with a view to making life online just that little bit safer.
The problem with many IP hiders and proxies is that they are complicated to set up and can seriously slow down browsing. Not so with anonymoX. It installs as easily as a regular Firefox add-on, and automatically enables a random "identity". By clicking on the anonymoX icon beside the address bar, you'll then be able to pick a specific identity from the list provided, including US, European and Asian IPs.
anonymoX goes a step further by also helpfully prompting you to delete your cookies when leaving a website or changing identities, preventing that site from recognizing you. The app also lets you swap between its own service and Tor, and you can enable anonymoX information in the bottom add-on bar, showing you what identity you are currently connected to, and which IP is publicly visible. Clicking on this information will allow you to change it.
anonymoX is a good little service, although not particularly flexible. The configuration options are pretty much limited to what you see in the interface, but this means, of course, that the service is very simple to use. Using most identities, we also found anonymoX to be pretty fast, but, as always, some locales were slower than others, especially when choosing the US.
If you are looking for casual and infrequent IP hiding when using Firefox, anonymoX is a good free option. You could always upgrade to the premium service, but if you are looking for slightly more detailed and/or configurable anonymization, we suggest you look elsewhere.
For free, casual anonymization, anonymoX is a great, easy-to-use Firefox tool.
OS requirements for anonymoX:
User comments about anonymoX
- 1 . Remove Toolbar Buddy 4.6
- 2 . GoogleBar 0.9.15.13
- 3 . Wikipedia Search Bar 184.108.40.206
- 4 . Bible Toolbar for Internet Explorer 6.8
- 5 . Evri Toolbar 220.127.116.11 Firefox
- 6 . Crawler Toolbar 4.5
- 7 . Yahoo Toolbar with Anti-Spy for IE 11.7.1
- 8 . Alexa Toolbar (Sparky) Firefox add-on 1.5.0
- 9 . Comoestamos Toolbar 7.1.3
- 10 . Skype Web Toolbar 18.104.22.168 (Internet Explorer)
- 1 . Picnik Extension 1.0.5 for Google Chrome
- 2 . Magic Actions for YouTube for Firefox 5.7
- 3 . Google+Facebook 0.72.57 (Firefox)
- 4 . Fasterfox 2.0.0
- 5 . UltraSurf Firefox Tool 2.0
- 6 . Gmail Manager Extension 0.6.4.1
- 7 . SpeedFox for Firefox 1.0.73
- 8 . Facebook for Chrome 5.0.3
- 9 . Free YouTube Downloader for Chrome 1.0.7
- 10 . Adblock Plus 2.1.2